New Staff at WHS - Sharon Hoeland


Sharon Hoeland – Attendance Clerk

I asked each new staff member to answer a few questions about themselves.  

Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
I grew up in Anchorage, AK. Went to school for Physical Education, Nutrition and Business. My husband Keith was from Ringwood, NJ and wanted to move back to be closer to family. We moved here 8 years ago. I have two girls, Olivia, who is 17yrs old, and Mallorie, who is 13years old.

What made you choose Education as a career?
I have been in a supportive staff role most of my work career, so this position worked with my goals for myself as well as my family.

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
I worked as a substitute teacher a couple of years ago in Waldwick and the staff was very helpful and welcoming.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
When we moved from Alaska to New Jersey, We traveled 2 months in an RV across the United States. We saw many different beautiful places and were able to visit family and friends along the way.

Comments