New Staff @ WHS - Dr. Cindy Abashkin



It is my pleasure to introduce Dr. Cindy Abashkin to the Waldwick community. Dr. Abashkin will be a great addition to our Science Department as a Biology teacher. We are very excited to have her as part of WHS.



Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
Growing up in Clifton, I was intrigued by Biology and Anatomy at an early age. I took that curiosity to Rutgers University to earn a degree in Biology and then attended Palmer College of Chiropractic to obtain my doctorate in Chiropractic. I have been practicing Chiropractic for ten years and have been teaching for two.


What made you choose Education as a career?
Having teachers at an early age that created a spark for knowledge is something I will always be grateful for. As I started teaching and consulting patients, I quickly realized how much I enjoyed teaching them about nutrition and wellness. Coming from a family of educators, I eventually came to realize it was a personal calling as well. 


What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
Having attended and worked at a high school with a similar size to that of Waldwick's, I appreciate and see the value of a low student:teacher ratio. 


Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I traveled to 26 cities in 11 countries within 7 weeks. I have pet chickens!

Comments