New Staff @ WHS - Caitlin Ernest

                                



It is my pleasure to introduce Caitlin Ernest to the Waldwick community. Ms. Ernest will be a great addition to our Special Education Department. This year she will be teaching Language Arts and Social Studies at the high school. We are very excited to welcome Ms. Ernest to WHS.


Can you tell us a little about your background?
I grew up in Wanaque and now reside in Mahwah. I attended Pascack Hills High School where I played soccer, basketball and lacrosse. I currently coach high school girls’ basketball and girls’ lacrosse which is a huge passion of mine. I went to William Paterson University and majored in Secondary English Education with a minor in Teachers of Students with Disabilities. I student taught right here at Waldwick High School under Mrs. Kish and loved every minute of it!


What made you choose education as a career?
Growing up, my father was a huge inspiration of mine when deciding my career path. He was a coach and teacher at Pascack Hills (yes, he did coach me in all three sports; imagine those car rides home after games (: ) and watching how passionate he was about teaching and coaching really made me want to pursue my own career in education. I love teaching and hope to make a difference in children’s lives just like my father has with so many.


What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
After student teaching at Waldwick High School for a year, I knew this was a community I wanted to be a part of. On my first day, I immediately felt at home with all of the kind faculty and staff and the amazing students I have gotten to know along the way. The tight knit community is something I was instantly drawn to and I am so excited to become a part of it.


Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I have a twin sister who lives in South Carolina, which is where I spend most of my summers. I absolutely love college sports and anything Duke. Go Blue Devils!! I was also a collegiate athlete myself, playing lacrosse at Ramapo College before transferring to William Paterson University.

Comments