New Staff @ WHS - Danielle Ramiccio


It is my pleasure to introduce Danielle Ramiccio to the Waldwick community. Ms. Ramiccio will be a great addition to our Special Education Department. This year she will be teaching Science at the high school. We are very excited to welcome Ms. Ramiccio to WHS.


Can you tell us a little about your background?
I grew up in Fair Lawn and attended Fair Lawn High School where I played Softball and graduated in 2017. I then continued my education at Monmouth University where I studied both Biology and Secondary Education. I did my full-time student teaching in Waldwick High School in my last year at Monmouth. I am currently attending Ramapo College in pursuit of a Masters in Special Education.


What made you choose education as a career?
I chose to go into education after having many teachers, professors and coaches in my life that shaped me to be who I am today. After the many clubs I was a part of throughout high school, I realized my passion for having an impact in the lives of children. The one club that stood out to me the most was the STARS Program through my high school. This program joined together sports and the special needs community in Bergen County to allow for new experiences for both volunteers and children involved which ultimately led me on the path that I chose for special education. I chose the subject of Biology based on the classes I took in school and all of the field-based work we did which put the world we live in into a different perspective for me.


What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
What appealed to me most about Waldwick High School was the small community-based environment filled with positive educators and staff. Throughout my student teaching experience at Waldwick, there was never a moment in time that I felt as though there wasn't someone I could ask for advice from. The entire Biology and Special Education department welcomed me with open arms and were willing to guide me along my journey of student teaching which afforded me a wonderful student teaching experience.


Tell us something interesting about yourself? 
I went on a mission trip in High School to Peru, where we helped build a dormitory for high school aged girls that were walking 8 miles a day to and from school to receive an education. Everything we built was done by hand being that they did not have access to machinery. This experience taught me to not take for granted my access and ability to receive an education. I was also able to hike a portion of Machu Picchu.

Comments