New Staff @ WHS - Joseph Petrosi

It is my pleasure to introduce Joseph Petrosi to the Waldwick community. Mr. Petrosi will be a great addition to our Science Department. This year he will be teaching Chemistry at the high school. We are very excited to welcome Mr. Petrosi to WHS.


Can you tell us a little about your background?

I moved around a bit when I was younger between NY and NJ. But for the most part I grew up in Slate Hill, NY. I went to Rider University for a few years before transferring to William Paterson University where I received a B.S. in Chemistry and Secondary Education Certification. And just recently a M.Ed in Special Education. I was at my previous district for eight years, but I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here!


What made you choose education as a career?
I've always enjoyed helping others, and I have a love of Chemistry and Science as a whole. I wanted a career where I could engage people directly, and teaching fit that model perfectly. My end goal is to have my students feel less stressed about Chemistry, so they can appreciate just how amazing the subject can be.


What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
I have always been a fan of a close knit community. I have family in the community, and family that has even gone through the district. I have heard nothing but amazing things, so I jumped at the chance to be a part of the district.


Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I split my time between my favorite hobbies. I enjoy golfing (had my varsity letter in high school), reading science fiction, playing video games, and knitting. And now with the recent birth of my first child, I get to learn how to do all those things with a baby in my arms.

Comments