New Staff @ WHS - Elizabeth Beck



It is my pleasure to introduce Elizabeth Beck to the Waldwick community. Ms. Beck, a social worker, will be a great addition to our Child Study Team. We are very excited to welcome Ms. Beck from Traphagen/Crescent Elementary School to WHS.

Can you tell us a little about your background?
I've always been interested in people! I love hearing people's stories and experiences, and I love helping people navigate life's challenges. I've also always loved creative expression in all its forms! That brought me to my undergraduate studies of psychology and music, and my graduate studies in social work and art therapy. For the last 10 years, I've had the opportunity to apply my skills at the elementary level here in Waldwick. I'm excited to "graduate" to WMS/WHS this year!


What made you choose education as a career?
Education is in my family! Both of my parents were teachers, which led me to school-based work. I think it's also one of the places where I have access to a variety of demographics and needs, and thus can implement interventions with students from many backgrounds.


What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
I've always had such great rapport with the staff at WHS--I'm excited to see you all each day!


Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I'm a song writer and a jazz singer in my spare time!

Comments