Tomorrow (2/6/13) is Digital Learning Day at Waldwick High School. In a previous post I explained what Digital Learning Day is all about. You can read that post here: Digital Learning Day @ WHS
Our teachers have planned some great lessons for the day. Some of the teachers have posted their lessons on this Google Doc. We may be calling tomorrow Digital Learning Day, but a lot of what's planned for the day occurs on a daily basis here at Waldwick High School.
In addition to what the teachers have planned, I will be promoting a “Tweet-a-thon” throughout the day where students, teachers and parents can all tweet their answers to a few questions using hashtag #DLWHS
- For Seniors - Tweet the Colleges/Universities you were accepted to and/or the College/University you will be attending
- For Staff and Parents - Tweet the College/University you graduated from
- Tweet your favorite quote
- Tweet a Thank You to someone who has made a positive impact on your life
At the end of the night I will post all the tweets that used the hashtag #DLWHS using a Web 2.0 tool called Storify.
*When tweeting about Colleges/Universities try to find their official twitter handle and use it in your tweet!
My hope for the "Tweet-a-thon" is to show the power of social media and how it can be used to:
- Demonstrate how schools can use social media with their students
- Model for students how social media can be used in a positive way
- Promote your school's success in and out of the classroom
- Extend the communication between students and staff outside the classroom walls
Looking forward to a great day!!
You can Follow Waldwick HS on Twitter at @WaldwickWHS