Random Acts of Kindness - #KindnessWHS


Everyone needs validation. A good way to spread good vibes and positive thoughts is through Random Acts of Kindness. These days we are exposed to a lot of negativity and our academic community is affected by it. In an effort to change this negativity we are encouraging our students and staff to participate in Random Acts of Kindness.  

There is a bulletin board set up in the senior wing for students to choose a Random Act of Kindness.  The board will be up all year; each class will be assigned a specific marking period, starting with the seniors, to keep it updated and keep the envelopes filled.  



If you receive a random act of kindness, share with us who and what the act was by using the hashtag #kindnessWHS and post a picture on social media. 

Our hope is to help students strengthen relationships between grade levels and also, each other in general.  It is a great feeling to have when someone takes the time out of their day to do something nice when you least expect it.  

Validation. What is it? It’s getting feedback from others that “what I do and what I say matters to you. You hear me. You see me. You think of me. You thank me. You acknowledge my accomplishments. You appreciate my efforts.”
Linda Sapadin, PhD,  PsychCentral.com

Comments