New Staff @ WHS - Jean Marsicovete



It is my pleasure to introduce Ms. Jean Marsicovete to the Waldwick community. Ms. Marsicovete is our new Band Teacher and we are very excited to have her as part of WHS.

Can you tell us a little bit about your background?

I grew up in Parsippany, NJ and graduated from Parsippany High School. While in high school, I was involved with all of the Performing Arts classes and extracurriculars including marching band, concert band, jazz band, choir and theatre. I went on to receive a Bachelor of Science in Music Education at Kutztown University in Pennsylvania. I'll be entering my 4th year of teaching during the 2020-2021 school year at Waldwick High School.

What made you choose Education as a career?
I always had amazing teachers growing up who made me love school. I enjoyed being a student and learning anything new. Ever since 4th grade, I have played an instrument and freshman year of high school, I came to the realization that I loved being in band so much that I couldn't give it up for the rest of my life. It drove me to become a band teacher so I can share my passion of music with others.

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
Everyone at Waldwick High School has been very nice and welcoming. I've heard great things about the community and this area of Bergen county. I have been involved with a performing group in the upper Bergen county area for the last few years and I have family who live in Bergen county as well. Even though I live and grew up in Morris county, getting a job in this area just seems right!

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I've had a lot of great performance opportunities throughout my school and professional careers. Some of my favorites have been at Disney World, MetLife Stadium, and the Thanksgiving Day Parade and Mummer's Day Parade in Philadelphia. Other than performances, it is on my bucket list to go to all 50 states in the USA. I was able to go to Seattle through a mystery travel trip last year and hope to continue to travel more in the future.

Comments