New Staff @ WHS - Andrew Fucarino

 


It is my pleasure to introduce Mr. Andrew Fucarino to the Waldwick community. Mr. Fucarino is our new Physics Teacher and we are very excited to have him as part of WHS.

Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
I grew up in Waldwick and attended Crescent Elementary, as well as Waldwick Middle School and High School. I ran Cross Country and Track, serving as a captain on both teams. I earned a Bachelor's Degree in Applied Physics and Mathematics, as well as a Masters Degree in Physics at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, where I served as both an undergraduate and graduate teaching assistant throughout my five years in Troy, New York. Upon graduation, I pursued teaching certification through the Alternate Route in New Jersey.

What made you choose Education as a career?
I come from a family of teachers. My mother is a special education teacher, and my two older sisters work at the elementary and high school levels. I've always seen teaching someone else as the best way to educate myself. I've been a tutor since high school and I've been around classrooms and educators for as long as I can remember. Teaching and connecting with others has always come naturally to me; it feels like a seamless transition from my own education to taking a role in others' learning.

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
Waldwick was the foundation of my success and enjoyment in college. Time and time again I was thankful for lessons I learned from my WHS teachers when I encountered difficult topics in Undergrad and even Graduate school. I chose Waldwick because I feel the need to give back for all that I gained from my experience, but also because I know there is no better place for me to learn and grow as a new teacher. Being surrounded by my family and a faculty that I already know cares about me, I am confident there is no better place to begin my career.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I have five sisters, I play disc golf, ultimate frisbee, and love rock climbing, and I collect Rubik's cubes and other puzzles. I love music and comedy, and any kind of mathematical riddle or game.

Comments