New Staff at WHS - Jackie Altomare


Jackie Altomare - Secretary/Student-Teacher Information Systems

I asked each new staff member to answer a few questions about themselves.  

Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
Originally from Hudson County, I'm a graduate of Weehawken High School. Immediately after graduation, I began working in NYC where I worked at Clairol's headquarters for 22 years, simultaneously attending Pace University in the evenings and played on the company’s softball team. Now, I reside in Park Ridge with a husband and 3 children and am an active volunteer in the school and sports community.

What made you choose Education as a career?
Although I'm not a teacher, the energy of the students has kept me working in a school setting for the past 7 years. Being part of an environment that can make a positive impact on a child is inspiring.

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
Waldwick High School is very similar to the school where I sent my own children. To be a part of a small dynamic school is very special and a place I know I can augment with my own strengths and experiences.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
Although I don't consider myself a very interesting person, I have a lot of interests….cooking, exercising, reading but mostly spending quality time with my family.

Comments