New Staff @ WHS - Danielle Nelson




It is my pleasure to introduce Danielle Nelson to the Waldwick community. Ms. Nelson is our new Health and Physical Education teacher and we are very excited to have her as part of WHS. 


Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
I grew up and currently still reside in Saddle Brook. I attended Paramus Catholic High School where I ran cross country and track. I went to William Paterson University and majored in Physical Education and Health k-12 and am currently still studying there pursuing a Masters Degree. I taught at Pascack Valley High School last year as a full year leave replacement. I’m also a spinning instructor, teaching classes at a few different gyms in Bergen county.


What made you choose Education as a career?
From a young age, I always knew I wanted to work with young people and help people in anyway I could. In college when deciding on a major, I put my two passions together; working with young people and health/fitness, which lead me to pursue a career as a Health and PE teacher. I strive to be the Health and PE teacher I would want to have in high school, providing my students with the tools to achieve lifelong wellness. I absolutely love what I do!

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?

I am drawn to Waldwick's small community, filled with kind, caring and educated people. The moment I stepped into the building I immediately recognized its positive environment and wonderful staff. I knew immediately this was a school I would love to work at. When I tell people I will be teaching at WHS, I hear nothing but an overwhelming amount of great things about the school and staff. Additionally, I love Waldwick's encouragement of allowing teachers to pursue new avenues of education, especially utilizing technology in unique and creative ways.
Tell us something interesting about yourself? 

I start my day with a four cup mug of green tea every morning. I absolutely love doing anything fitness related, whether it’s spin, weight lifting classes, yoga, or kickboxing. I also enjoy eating healthy, but will never say no to margarita pizza or a dish of pasta!

Comments