Welcome Christine Osborn to Warrior Nation

disparky.Welcome.Digital Image.Flickr.Yahoo! http://goo.gl/HPCrIN
Christine Osborn - World Languages


I asked each new teacher to answer a few questions about themselves: 


Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
I was born and raised in Ct.  After graduating high school (in Ct) I went to Ithaca College and graduated with a BA in Spanish.  I wanted to get out and explore the world after college so I traveled, lived and worked in various different places, including Costa Rica, Chile, Argentina and California.  I went to NYU for graduate school and received an MA in TESOL (teaching English as a foreign language) in 2008. I pursued my NJ teaching certificate via alternate route in 2009 to become a certified teacher in Spanish and received a certificate of eligibility in ESL.

What made you choose education as a career? 
While I was living abroad in Chile, I decided to teach English to become more involved in the local community. I taught in some of the local schools and at a language institute. I taught students that ranged from ages 12 - 52. I loved it and loved sharing my language and culture with others. I decided that I wanted to do the same thing back home - share my passion for Spanish language and culture that I learned throughout my studies and travels with students here in the U.S. I also credit and looked up to my high school Spanish teacher who always encouraged me to pursue my language studies!

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School? 
The fact that I can work in close proximity to the community in which I live. I live in Glen Rock and  my husband grew up and went to Midland Park High School so I like being able to connect with my local communities on a personal and professional level.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I have two little girls.  Before becoming a teacher I worked for a short time in NYC in Hispanic Advertising.  Skiing and swimming are my favorite sports. I was a competitive swimmer growing up. I started competitive swimming at age 9  and competed all the way through college. Go Bombers! At home, when I'm not chasing around my girls, you can find me in my kitchen - I love to cook!

Comments