Welcome Sean Cosgrove to Warrior Nation

disparky.Welcome.Digital Image.Flickr.Yahoo! http://goo.gl/HPCrIN
Sean Cosgrove - Social Studies 

I asked each new teacher to answer a few questions about themselves: 

Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
I grew up in River Vale, NJ and attended Pascack Valley High School. In high school, I played soccer, ice hockey, and golf. After graduating from Pascack Valley, I attended Quinnipiac University where I majored in history and earned a master degree as well. While at Quinnipiac, I was very active in the school’s Quinnipiac Future Teachers Organization (QFTO). During my internship at North Haven High School, I coached the middle school soccer team and Unified Sports.

What made you choose education as a career?
My path to teaching wasn’t always crystal clear even though both of my parents are in education. While at Quinnipiac, I changed my major several times and was completely lost as my sophomore year was coming to a close. It wasn’t until I declared history as my major and entered the school’s education program at the suggestion of my family and friends that my life changed forever. Once I finished my first field observation, I immediately knew I made the right decision. Throughout the years, I’ve been very fortunate to have several superb teachers, professors, and mentors. It’s my goal as an educator to provide students with the best possible educational experience.

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School? 
Growing up in Bergen County, I was familiar with Waldwick and its reputation as a tight knit community. However, it wasn’t until I stepped into the school and conversed with faculty that I truly began to understand the character of Waldwick High School. The commitment to ensure students an exceptional education is very apparent from the schools demanding curriculum to its dedication towards technology in the classroom. In addition, Waldwick High School offers students various extracurricular activities to get involved and further connect with the community. Placing an emphasis on these core values makes Waldwick High School an ideal school to teach at.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I have a twin brother and I am a big New Jersey Devils fan.

Comments