Welcome Michael Mayer to Warrior Nation

disparky.Welcome.Digital Image.Flickr.Yahoo! http://goo.gl/HPCrIN

Michael Mayer - Supervisor of Athletics and Social Studies 

I asked each new staff member to answer a few questions about themselves: 

Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
I grew up in Paramus where I attended Paramus High School.  I played basketball and football in high school.  After high school, I received my bachelor's degree from Montclair State University and my master's degree in Educational Leadership from Seton Hall University.  For the past 12 years I have been a Social Studies teacher, head softball coach, and head boy's basketball coach for the New Milford School District.

What made you choose education as a career?
I knew I wanted to make a difference in the lives of others and there aren't many careers that offer that chance.  I chose education as a career because it has given me that opportunity to help others pursue and achieve their goals.  It continues to be an extremely rewarding experience every day and I am lucky I get to chase my passion day in and day out.

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School? 
Waldwick has a great small community that cares about their students and their schools.  From competing against Waldwick High School throughout my career, I have always found the athletes, coaches, and parents to show passion for their sports and great sportsmanship.  The school has always had a tradition of academic and athletic excellence, and I feel privileged to now be a part of it.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I attended 152 straight New York Jets regular season and playoff home games over 19 years in a streak I ended last fall.  It was fun while it lasted, but I couldn't watch them lose anymore.

Comments