Welcome Kris Ann Minichetti to Warrior Nation

disparky.Welcome.Digital Image.Flickr.Yahoo! http://goo.gl/HPCrIN

Kris Ann Minichetti - Mathematics 

I asked each new teacher to answer a few questions about themselves: 

Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
I lived in New Milford for the first five years of my life before moving to Wyckoff, where I currently reside. I went to private school from Pre-K-12. I majored in mathematics with a concentration in secondary education at Ramapo College. At Ramapo College, I belonged to the Pi Mu Epsilon Honor Society and the Golden Key International Honor Society. For the last two years, I taught at Hackensack Middle School.

What made you choose education as a career?
My mother is a teacher and I always remember visiting her classroom. When I began high school, I started helping my mother after school giving extra help to her middle school students. I enjoyed working with the students and seeing their progress throughout the year.

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School? 
I went to a very small high school and was drawn to the small school setting that WaIdwick has. Since I live in Wyckoff, I have always heard and read great things about what a close and caring community Waldwick is. When I noticed an opening for a high school Calculus position, it was a posting for my dream job.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I have been dancing since I was three years old. When I was eight years old, I joined the competition team, which allowed me to compete at regional and national levels. Being on the competition team, I had the opportunity to dance on the Tomorrowland Stage three times in Walt Disney World, Florida. After high school, I continued dancing in college for the Dance Club. Besides dancing, I was also a Girl Scout and earned my Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards.

Comments