New Staff at Waldwick High School - Brian Browne



It is my pleasure to introduce Brian Browne to the Waldwick community.  Mr. Browne will be teaching Chemistry.  We are very excited to have Mr. Browne be a part part of WHS.

Can you tell us a little about your background?
I was born in Westwood and grew up in northern Bergen County and the Hudson Valley of New York. In high school I ran track and played Lacrosse. In college I studied Biology, Chemistry and Psychology while continuing to play Lacrosse.

What made you choose education as a career?
During college I would frequently visit the Science offices and on one of these occasions, I happened to start tutoring some fellow students. After that I began tutoring consistently and was eventually asked to teach a recitation class for Chemistry. It was from this experience that I began my career in education.


What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?

The first time I saw Waldwick High School was while I was on my way to pick up a friend. I drove by the school just as the sun was beginning to set and the school just seemed quite the embodiment of an idyllic setting. Waldwick's reputation for being a close-knit community and a proponent of technology in education boosted its allure even more.


Tell us something interesting about yourself?

Some of my earliest memories are those spent with my grandfather. After WWII he had worked for "Ma Bell" (Bell Telephone) as a repair technician until his retirement. As a child, I would always be fascinated when he would show me what electronics he was fixing or building. Since then, I have always had an interest in understanding how things work and how we can make things work for us. Some other random things about myself: I helped start a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, I enjoy doing household renovations and I like boating.


Comments