New Staff at Waldwick High School - Dena Argo


It is my pleasure to introduce Dena Argo to the Waldwick community.  Mrs. Argo will be teaching within our Business Department.  This year she will be teaching Accounting, Personal Finance, Marketing and International Business. We are very excited to have Mrs. Argo be a part of WHS. 

Can you tell us a little about your background? 
I grew up in Netcong, which is a small town (less than a square mile) in Morris County.  I attended Netcong Elementary from pre-kindergarten through eighth grade and then attended Lenape Valley Regional High School.  For college, I became a Nittany Lion and majored in Business Management at Penn State.  Upon graduating, I started working at Target Corporation, where I held five different leadership positions over the last seven years.

What made you choose education as a career?
When I needed to choose a major for college, I knew about the Alternate Route Program for teaching, so I wanted to give myself an opportunity to explore the business world before I came back to the classroom.  Being an educator has always been my long-term career choice, ever since I used my mom's ironing board as a teacher's desk and made my siblings sit on the couch to hear the daily lesson.  Throughout my education there have been several teachers and coaches who helped me, guided me, challenged me and influenced me in ways I never could have imagined.  To think about the impact those educators had my life makes me want to pay-it-forward and do the same for other students.

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
A small town atmosphere is what I grew up with, it's what I have always known, so to teach in a district where there is a close connection among the community and family is a dream. Each staff member I have interacted with has been so welcoming, encouraging and eager to help me succeed.  I am very excited to be working within a community that helps one another grow, both academically and personally.  

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
When my husband and I bought our house four years ago it looked like The Brady Bunch had been filmed in every room. The house was built in 1968 and nothing had been updated since.  We have spent the last four years tackling each room, doing the majority of the work ourselves.  So, when I'm not at school, there's a good chance I am either laying hardwood floors, designing a new room, painting or driving to Home Depot.  Renovations have been progressing a little slowly over the last year. We had our first son in September 2014 and (as you can imagine) he has been taking up the majority of our time - we have been loving every minute of it!

Comments