New Staff at Waldwick High School - Elaine Thoman



It is my pleasure to introduce Elaine Thoman to the Waldwick community.  Ms. Thoman will be filling in for Mrs. Serwin in both the high school and middle school.  We are very excited to have her part of WHS.



Can you tell us a little about your background?
I live in Ridgewood and went through the Ridgewood public school system.  I just graduated this past May from Montclair State University where I received my BA in Music Education, with voice as my primary instrument.  Music first became a part of my life when I chose to start taking piano lessons at the age of 8.  Cello came next at Hawes Elementary School and I played in the orchestra through my freshman year of high school.  It wasn't until my freshman year at Ridgewood High School that the choir director asked me to audition for his top group the next year.  I started studying voice my sophomore year and haven't stopped yet!


What made you choose education as a career?
I chose Education as my career because I wanted to let people know that there is good music out there, and that singing in a choir is something that everyone needs to experience at least once in their life.  I wanted to share my knowledge and passion for this subject and open students' minds to things they might otherwise never get to experience.


What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
My first impression of the faculty and staff was what appealed to me the most about both Waldwick High School and Middle School.  Nothing but good energy and smiling faces walk the halls of both schools, and that is something that should never be take for granted.


Tell us something interesting about yourself?

I recently performed internationally as a soloist in London, and I am a HUGE New Jersey Devils fan!

Comments