New Staff at Waldwick High School - Sarah Van Vliet


It is my pleasure to introduce Sarah Van Vliet to the Waldwick community.  Ms. Van Vliet will be filling in for Mrs. Parsils, teaching Art.  We are very excited for Ms. Van Vliet be part of WHS.


Can you tell us a little about your background?
I grew up in Parsippany, NJ and was always interested in creating art. I went to Monmouth University and graduated with a degree in Art Education and Special Education. This is my first teaching job!

What made you choose education as a career?
For as long as I could remember, I always wanted to be a teacher. I had three great teachers in my life that inspired me to become a teacher; my fourth grade teacher, my high school sophomore English teacher and my high school Art teacher.

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
I love the camaraderie at this school and how everyone works together toward a common goal, teaching the students! I've never met a nicer group of individuals.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I love to dance. I used to dance competitively when I was younger and I started a dance club at my university where we had an annual recital. I also have two super cute Yorkies named Sadie and Riley!

Comments