New Staff at Waldwick High School - Taline Royland



It is my pleasure to introduce Taline Royland to the Waldwick community.  Ms. Royland will be a great addition to our Math department. This year she will be teaching Geometry at the high school and will also have two classes in the middle school.   We are very excited to have her part of WHS.



Can you tell us a little about your background?
I grew up in Westwood, New Jersey and went to their public schools from K-12. I played volleyball, basketball and softball. I attended Monmouth University where I majored in Math and Education, and worked in the Math Department by tutoring students in all areas of math.


What made you choose education as a career?
I always helped my friends when they struggled in math and that feeling became contagious. I love helping people learn math and learn to love it, as well.


What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
My high school was small so I was naturally drawn to Waldwick. Since I grew up close to Waldwick I have always heard great things about it. When I saw an opening for both the middle and high school I truly thought it was a posting for my dream job.


Tell us something interesting about yourself?

I love playing sports such as volleyball, basketball, softball, and football. I will gladly go to any NFL, MLB, NHL and NBA game, even if I am not a fan of who is playing. Sunday is my favorite day in the fall because of all the football games I get to watch.

Comments