New Staff at Waldwick High School - Paola Olivo (Physical Education & Health)

I asked each new staff member to answer a few questions about themselves.  


Paola Olivo - Physical Education & Health
(Mrs. Olivo was with us part of last year but this year joins us on a full-time basis.  She has been a great addition to the PE/HE Department)

Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
I grew up in Verona, NJ where I graduated from Verona High School.  As a high school Senior, I committed to Fairleigh Dickinson University where I was a softball player for two seasons.  In 2002 I transferred to Montclair State University in order to pursue my education as a teacher of Physical Education and Health.  Aside from attending my classes, I also took on the role of Assistant Varsity Softball Coach to the Montville Mustangs as well as the Verona Girls Freshman Basketball team.    
What made you choose Education as a career?
My high school Physical Education teacher and basketball coach inspired my decision to become a teacher.  She is a person who I admire and continue to look up to because of her welcoming nature, positive attitude and dedication to her students and career.
Sports have always been a big part of my life and I wanted to be in a position where I could share my enthusiasm.   It is important to me to educate my students on how to live a healthy and active life.
What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
Growing up in Essex County, I rarely ventured to Bergen County so I was originally unfamiliar with its communities.   Upon my arrival to Waldwick, I found it to be a place of work that I could call home.  It is a community very similar to where I grew up which was very comforting.  The students are absolutely wonderful, the parents are supportive, and I could not ask for a better staff to work with.  I genuinely look forward to coming to work on a daily basis and I am honored to be a part of the Waldwick community and the educational experience it has to offer.
Tell us something interesting about yourself?

My hobbies consist of playing softball on the weekends, spending time with my family, friends, husband Tommy, and our dog, Nero.  
Favorite movie: Shag  and Hairspray (original)
Favorite Author:  James Patterson

Comments