New Staff at Waldwick High School - Suzanne Manning (ESL)

Suzanne Manning - ESL


I asked each new staff member to answer a few questions about themselves.  


Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
I grew up in Fair Lawn, New Jersey, and graduated from Fair Lawn High School and then William Paterson University. I then received my Master's degree in Gender and International Studies at Towson University. After working for an anti-domestic violence agency in NYC and then two years of teaching in the Peace Corps in Moldova, I decided I wanted to go into teaching as a career.

What made you choose Education as a career?
I chose education because after teaching for two years in a village in Moldova in the Peace Corps, I realized how rewarding teaching was for me. I loved seeing students make progress and feeling that I had been a part of that process.

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
I liked that Waldwick was a small community where people knew each other and cared about each other. While substituting in Waldwick, I got to know some of the staff and students. I really appreciated the caring and supportive people I met, and liked the academic environment in Waldwick.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I speak Romanian and Moldavian (a dialect of Romanian),which I learned to speak proficiently (and teach in) during my time in Moldova with the Peace Corps.

Comments