New Staff at Waldwick High School - Christine Cook (Art)

I asked each new staff member to answer a few questions about themselves.  



Christine Cook - Art Teacher
(This year Ms. Cook will only be teaching one class in the high school, but her addition to the department  has already been very beneficial)

Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
I grew up in Totowa and went to Passaic Valley High School.  Throughout my high school career, I played volleyball and softball.  After high school I attended Ramapo College of New Jersey, where I majored in Visual Arts and Art Education.

What made you choose Education as a career?
I always knew that I wanted to be a teacher, but I was unsure of whether I wanted to teach art or math.  I couldn't make up my mind until my senior year in high school.  My art teacher, at the time, inspired me, like I want to inspire others, to love art.  That was the moment I knew that I wanted to become an art teacher.

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
I was interested in Waldwick High School because it has such a nice school environment.  Everyone is so welcoming and has great school spirit.  It's the type of school that any teacher would be grateful to work in.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
One of my favorite things to do every year is go camping with my family.  I love roughing it in the outdoors and escaping from all the technology.

Comments