New Staff at Waldwick High School - Michael Pepe (Chemistry)

As I mentioned in a previous post I get some great ideas from other administrators around the world.  My next few posts will highlight the eight new staff members here at Waldwick High School.  I got this idea from Patrick Larkin who is the Principal of Burlington High School in Massachusetts.  

I asked each new staff member to answer a few questions about themselves.

Michael Pepe - Chemistry

Can you tell us a little bit about your background?
I grew up in Rockland County, New York.  I attended Clarkstown South High School in West Nyack, NY.  I went on to Binghamton University where I graduated with a B.A. in Chemistry.  I stayed at Binghamton for graduate school and received both an M.A. in Chemistry and an M.A.T in Adolescent Science Education.

What made you choose Education as a career?
In college during the summer I worked at a camp for disabled children where most of the activity directors were teachers.  My positive experiences working with them along with my experience interacting with the campers drew me towards the profession of teaching.

What appealed to you about Waldwick High School?
Waldwick's commitment to integrating technology into the classroom and its commitment to educating its student body in the use of this technology.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?
I enjoy going to the beach and playing lacrosse.


Comments